Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Just a quick update

Hello from Dawson City,


We are doing well.    Just wanted to let my followers know that there will be more updates in the future about Alaska, Chicken, Top of the World Highway and Dawson City.

The north is beautiful, but many services we take for granted are sporadic here.   For example the Internet; service is through satellite.  All places have bandwidth restrictions and uploading of pictures is not allowed.  The local library has maxed out its allotment for the month, so no Internet till next month.    Two days ago there was a lightening strike into a cellular tower, and so there was no cell phone coverage, Internet, interact, bank machine, TV, regular phone etc. .  "Welcome to the north", the locals all said.  I will do all the uploading when we get somewhere with good Internet services. 

Today Henry and I will be headed towards Inuvik,   NWT.   We expect to be back in Dawson City within a week. 

Hope everyone is having a great summer.    Happy Canada Day ! 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As you can probably tell from my comments I am just catching up and going backwards until I reach where I left off. Was away camping (but in civilization, complete with waterslides and a beautiful lake in Chilliwack) so am behind in your adventures. Having some thunder and rain today so a good day to catch up with you.